August 27, 2013

Long ride and long necks

I ended up going for a great training ride the other day, one of those days on the bike that start out simple enough and suddenly you are 4 hours in and still have at least an hour left to get home. Nothing but sunny sky and asphalt to deal with, long rides have always been a great way to clear my mind and find new routes. I planned to head out to a small loop that I used to ride and then connect it back to some of the newer routes that the team uses frequently.
While out in the roads around Duvall, I found a Alpaca farm and stopped to have a bite and check out these long-necked beasts.
About an hour later, while heading toward Sammamish and a nice climb, I ran into a separate Llama farm. Funny that these farms were on the same fun ride.
In the end, I got a great few hours on the bike, good base miles ahead of 'Cross season, which is just around the corner.

No comments: