November 18, 2008

Time Flies

Today, while setting up a rough list of what I need to do today (since I felt I didn't accomplish much yesterday), I realized that my actual time to work on the final project here is quickly running down. Surprising to think that just the other day we were celebrating All-Saints, and now here I am with less than 12 days of work-time before the final show. I guess it doesn't help that this weekend I am losing almost 3 days running up to Venice to wander around and take photos and whatnot, and that just a few days after that I am flying up to Brussels for the long Thanksgiving break! Any way you look at it, days just keep flying by here and my only option is to really start cracking down on this project. Looks like I need to start bringing things home where I can work with a bit more concentration (rather than all the distracting videos and pictures and conversations everyone throws around in studio). I am looking forward to the trips though. It seems important to soak up as much as I can because it may be quite awhile before I find myself in Europe again. The fact that I am seeing so little of Europe as a whole is also sort of disheartening, but then again I am studying in Italy, not vacationing on the continent.

This leads me to also realize that I will be coming home in barely any time at all. Wow. I mean there are still 3 weeks or whatever until the program ends, but especially with the travel and the build-up of work as this project needs to be finished, I realize that these days will just continue to fly by. I hope that much like some of my friends I will be able to resolve my project with enough advance time so that I can relax a bit and fix little things before the show. I am pretty happy with my idea, and I think that especially as the piece comes together it will really be a good project to wrap up my time here. I know that it will definitely have a feeling of Italy in it, which is something that I really wanted to do while I was here. Hope that I can get it close to the image I see in my head. Alright, time for me to actually work on this. Ciao

No comments: