December 4, 2008

End of an Era

Yesterday was the last day for working on the final project. That being said, I spent pretty much the whole time I was in studio working on my background (I was already done with the actual piece, thinking ahead is fun), and it was a good thing that I gave myself the time to do this because I probably put about 4 hours of playing around in and still wasn't happy (although I had figured out how I wanted it set up, and figured out the hanging issues). This morning was when it all finally came together. I had planned to just make my quite red paper less bright so I thinned out some black ink to do a wash. Unfortunately, too dark still (at least compared to my plan). What ended up happening next was an odd mixture of working the paper and adding layers of the ink mixture. The result is a crazy texture and irregular surface that does a good job of popping the art off the wall while also defining the location. Nice, and sorry for going into the details. Anyway, the rest of this morning was studio clean-up with a lot of things being trashed and work being stored away and whatnot. I had brought my camera to studio earlier today to take photos of all my work, but I think I am going to try to ship some home with my luggage. Since I had my camera (and still plenty of storage) I decided to pop off a couple shots of the studio space. So, then post clean up I just had to do a few more. It is funny to look at the sets of photos and think about how they are only separated by a short time period. Looking at the cleaned up area, I definitely thought about the time here in Rome as almost over. I need to make sure I get off my ass and hit up all the things I still want to do. In less than a week I will be back to WA and it was funny to read that the weather there is slightly warmer than here! What the heck is going on. Why is everywhere still warm? I actually spent all of yesterday in a short-sleeved shirt. It is DECEMBER! Anyway, I guess it is a good thing for me... More cycling! I think that is something that has to happen when I get back. That and driving. It has been awhile since I thought about it, but I miss my car. Today's internet time started with email from nwmr2 telling me I had a private message. Wow. So, head over to the board and after a few tries, logged in. With that step I then spent a good chunk of time with cars and even forced myself to get headphones so I could watch 1:42:08 and a Forza2 drift video that were on autoblog. Cool. So much to do when I get home. Just a few more days here. I had better go enjoy them, huh?

No comments: