December 9, 2008

Homecoming

This is my official last post from Italy. This isn't the end though, as I have decided to continue the blog stateside, and just let people have a little insight into my life. I finished packing yesterday, and managed to haul all my gear over to the Rome Center, so life is pretty smooth sailing. We had a final group meal yesterday and many of us said our goodbyes. It has been a great few weeks and I am happy that I had the chance to meet some of these people, and also I have been veery happy with the support that the faculty have given me. One of the students, Cliff, recently put together a website that covers the final show including pictures and video. http://despeaux.com/saprxiv/SAPR_Final_Show/Main_Floor.html
I think that the show went pretty well, and it was nice to finish the project.

I am ready to be home, and I keep thinking of what I will do and what I want to see, and all those crazy things. Obviously I will be a little out of it, since I get into Seattle at the equivalent of like 1am here in Rome. But, I should be able to catch some zzzs on the plane so hopefully it won't be too hard to make it through the evening. Once i am back on track I kinda want to pedal around a little (obviously nothing crazy since i've been out of saddle for awhile), and I also want to spend time with my family. Friday I guess I am going to a movie in Seattle with Mark and some other friends, so maybe I will figure out a way to make Friday my friend day or something. You know, catching up and shit.

Rome and Italy in general has been great. I loved Brussels. I wish I could have found a place that sold jerseys here, but at least I will be coming back with my sweet treasure one. I can't wait to get back into pace at home. I have to set up interviews for jobs and also make sure my graduation is all in order. I also can't wait to see Izzy and also just be with my parents and my brother. I miss all my friends, but at the same time I will miss the people I've come to know here. I guess there are plans to keep in touch, so we will see how they go. I am coming home. Every minute is a step closer. Can't wait!

Finally, here is a cool video I found the other day of one of my favorite cyclists, mr Jens Voigt. I love the part where he talks about his body and his brain. I completely know the feeling, and his way of talking about it just made me smile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UncELpyKQLU

Alright. See you all soon. Ciao!

No comments: