December 12, 2008

Settling In

Being home, it is amazing at which the rate of routine takes hold. Familiarity sweeps over, and things become second nature again. Even though I was gone for nearly 3 months, I had no problem navigating these places I was so accustomed to. After a day of relaxing and doing little chores around the house (like cleaning up my luggage) I went out to dinner to meet up with my roommate and good friend Mark, and my other good friend Kyle. It is good to see familiar faces and while we talked quite a bit, it is becoming obvious that there is a lot of catching up to do! Friends have moved around, my work-buddy-turned-friend Carson bought a new sweet car (gotta check it out sometime, this guy just keeps getting new cars...), people have drifted apart a little. So many changes!

After dinner we went to the Best Buy to pick up some cheap shit and also ran into Mark's gf and my other roomy Aly. After the blow of surprise at seeing me, we chatted about when I am moving in and other little things about the apartment. It will be interesting to move over, and be back in Seattle (which will be nice for hanging out with friends, but likely be worse for getting in good rides and also commuting to work...). Speaking of work, I am currently updating the old resume and throwing together a nice little portfolio for the jobs I can hopefully get interviews for (thanks Emit and Matt!).

Glad to be home, now I just need to get everything rolling smoothly again!

No comments: