December 14, 2008

Snow Drift

Back in the Northwest, I am happy to say that winter actually exists (although apparently since leaving Rome it has entered the monsoon season [which i think is usually a spring thing...], but that still isn't winter...). The weather is crisp, and yesterday/overnight it has snowed! Always fun walking around and listening to the crunch of ice under your feet. We also went out into Snoqualmie and bought a Christmas tree yesterday! Now we just need to clean off all the snow and get it into the house... haha, that might have to wait a little while.

The other day I was heading into Seattle to meet up with my roommate Mark and some of our friends to see My Name is Bruce, which was playing at the Varsity theater. The movie was funny in typical b-movie way, and the best part was that the Man himself was there and fielded a few questions after the film! Awesome. The FUN part of my story comes earlier though. After getting home from Europe, I found out that my car had just sat the entire time I was gone (should have figured and disconnected the battery before I left...) and as a result, completely dead. So, Thursday evening as well as much of Friday was spent charging the thing, and finally I got it going to head to the Sandpoint Gallery to visit my friend Kristen and see the show she had going. Little did I remember that you can't drive from Redmond to Seattle between the hours of 6am and 8pm without getting stuck in traffic. Nice, but it gets better. Somebody decided to break their car toward the bridge, and as a result I spent 3 HOURS waiting to get to Seattle. So, as much I was wanting to see Kristen and her art, that plan died. And with the movie that we had pre-purchased tickets for at 7pm, I almost missed that too, getting to my apartment at 6:35! Needless to say, I was not happy with how traffic had treated me. Just another reason I can't wait to get on the bike again.

Final pieces of info; Went wine-tasting yesterday and saw all my parents' friends (and answered "how was Rome?" like 10 times...), finished downloading some cycling films that I am looking forward to seeing, and today I am baking (so I plan to make some tasty granola and some go-lean crispy bars!

Hope you guys are all having a good mid-December! Ciao!

No comments: