December 19, 2008

White Winter

Snow. Funny that it always ends up snowing the most when you don't have the opportunity to enjoy it. After warning of the impending conditions for the majority of Wednesday, "Blizzard 2008" held off until very early morning of Thursday. And Blizzard it was. I woke up to a fresh coating of about 4 inches which is massive for the Seattle area (although barely a sprinkle in places like Minnesota which spend time in this weather in shorts [see recent How I Met Your Mother]). During the day, the white continued to fall, which was pretty cool since I had forgotten how cool it was to look out into the woods covered in snow. Took some pictures (something I still need to get loaded onto a computer... sorry) and spent a lot of time watching the white world. A little before noon I shoveled the gate to the neighborhood a little so we could prop it open (so anyone who had driven out could make it back home) and it is surprising to me about how acclimated I am to the weather now, since not a month ago I was in Venice being chilled by weather not nearly so cold. Odd.

I kind of want to race around through the woods on my mountain bike. Maybe tomorrow that will have to happen. Especially considering the fact that it might snow even more Saturday night. Quite the snow for Redmond this season. A white Christmas might even be a possibility. How fun would that be (except for, you know, the whole relatives coming over and potentially getting stuck in a ditch kind of thing...) And my brother, stuck over in Pullman finishing his quarter at WSU has to deal with getting over the pass to come home tomorrow. Hope he can get over (I need him to tell me what he wants for a gift still!).

Well, I hope you (reader) are either able to venture around or snowed in with loved ones so that you might best enjoy this time. Sorry I haven't been able to see everyone yet (since getting back to Seattle), and if I don't see you soon, hope you are having a good winter!
Play in the snow now, why don't you?

No comments: